Komatsu Europe has announced the all-new PC17R-5 & PC20R-5 conventional tail EU Stage V mini excavators. These new arrivals in the Komatsu range were be presented at the bauma 2022 international fair in Munich in October. These new Komatsu machines let the operators benefit from an ergonomic and intuitive working environment, a lifting capacity second to none, a huge luxurious cabin with first class operator comfort, newly designed tracks that effortlessly glide over any surface, a top mounted boom cylinder (PC20MR-5) for off-the-dial digging force, easy maintenance and service, and an array of standard safety features. You can further customize the PC17R-5 and PC20R-5 with a comprehensive list of options.
Simone Reddi, Komatsu Europe Product Manager for mini excavators, says “These new R-5 excavators concentrate the quality and performance of the larger Komatsu construction range into a smaller package, and with their unique design concept they are sure to stand out on jobsites across Europe. The PC17R-5 is positioned to combine with the PC20R-5 to form a strong 2-models attack strategy in this all-important segment that requires high performance and easy transport” .
New R-5 features
- New R-5 cab and interior – Enhanced operator comfort – new image
- Low transport weight (PC17R-5) – Expand customer opportunities
- Double lock function for PPC – Industry leading safety, peace of mind
- Engine shut down secondary switch – Safety, peace of mind.
- Seat belt caution indicator – Safety, peace of mind.
- New tie down points on revo frame – Safety, quick operation
- New lifting points on cab – Safety, quick operation
- New short pitch rubber shoes – Ultra smooth, and always in control, travel
- New 1st Aux. line on joystick with possibility of attachment oil flow adjustment (OPT) –Versatility and controllability of attachments.
- New hydraulic quick coupler line (OPT) – Versatility – peace of mind factory fit
- LED working lights (Option) – Safety, extended working time
- Easy daily maintenance – Minimum maintenance time and maximum accessibility.
- Extraordinary maintenance access direct from floor structure – Safe and minimised maintenance effort.
- New Komtrax step 2 – Introducing Komtrax Step 2 for ultimate asset management.
Specifically for PC20R-5.
- Top mounted boom cylinder – Avoid damage, eliminate risk of striking the truck during loading, huge digging forces.
- 3rd and 4th aux. lines for powertilt (OPT) – Factory fit solution, versatility, and controllability of attachments.
- New Grammer seat – Major comfort for drivers