- Machinery For Sale
- Machinery For Auction
- Auction Calendar
A scissor lift is a type of aerial work platform that can lift people and equipment to work at height in various industries. It consists of a platform that is supported by a criss-cross metal structure called a scissor mechanism. The platform can be raised or lowered by extending or retracting the scissor mechanism, which is powered by hydraulic, pneumatic, or electric systems.
Scissor lifts are widely used for construction, maintenance, inspection, installation, and cleaning tasks that require vertical access. They can reach working heights ranging from 5.9 m (19 ft) to 34 m (59 ft) depending on the model and configuration. Some scissor lifts can also move horizontally to provide more reach and flexibility.
There are different types of scissor lifts available for hire depending on the application and environment. Some of the main categories are:
– Electric scissor lifts: These are ideal for indoor use as they have zero emissions and low noise levels. They are powered by rechargeable batteries and can operate on smooth and level surfaces. They are suitable for tasks such as painting, decorating, electrical work, and warehouse operations.
– Diesel scissor lifts: These are designed for outdoor use as they have higher power and performance. They are powered by diesel engines and can operate on rough and uneven terrain. They are suitable for tasks such as roofing, cladding, scaffolding, and landscaping.
– Bi-fuel scissor lifts: These are hybrid models that can switch between electric and diesel power sources. They offer the best of both worlds as they can work indoors and outdoors with minimal environmental impact. They are suitable for tasks that require versatility and mobility.
– Crawler scissor lifts: These are special models that have tracks instead of wheels. They can traverse slopes, stairs, and obstacles with ease and stability. They are suitable for tasks that require access to challenging locations.
Scissor lifts are a safe and efficient way to work at height as they provide a stable platform with guardrails and safety features. They also have the advantage of being compact and easy to transport and store when not in use. However, scissor lifts also have some limitations such as limited horizontal reach, restricted movement, and weight capacity.
To choose the right scissor lift for your project, you need to consider several factors such as:
– The working height you need to reach
– The load you need to lift
– The surface and terrain you need to work on
– The space and access you have available
– The duration and frequency of your work
– The budget and availability of your resources
By comparing different models and options, you can find the scissor lift that meets your requirements and expectations. You can also consult with experts who can advise you on the best scissor lift hire service for your needs.
JCB Access is updating its hydraulically-driven scissor range, with six electric drive scissor platforms. Initially there will be three models, the S1932E, S2632E and S3246E, followed later this year by the S2646E, S4050E and the S4550E. Key features include: Up to 53% more run time as electric drive motors replace hydraulic 48-50% fewer hydraulic connections Increased torque to the wheels for additional traction Platform heights of 5.71m to 13.8m Platform capacities of 230kg to 450kg Electric drive With these new models, the hydraulic drive motors are replaced by electric drive motors. The efficiency improvement, from replacing hydraulic with electric motors,…>